Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post holidays

Christmas comes and goes in a twinkling! Shopping, decorating, sending cards, wrapping (and rapping) are usual - but the only decorating I do is on masonite, with brushes and acrylic: painting children's portraits.

Two of this year's Christmas-due were Sydney (no, NOT Australia! THAT WOULD take some DOING!),the 5-yr-old grand-daughter of a lovely lady I met on cruise - and Blake, whose grandfather is a life-long friend. One hand washes the other. Blake's portrait (32" 48") I began in September - then put it aside to begin Sydney's. Blake's mother recently painted - meticulously! - several LARGE rooms, with vertical stripes. Impressive! Handsome! I decided to "use" these for the background of Blake's portrait. I liked them so well, I "borrowed" them for Sydney's portrait! More or less. In Sydney's portrait, the "stripes" became sheer curtains, softened/broken by horizontal waves of sunlight! Ethereal, lovely. In the color slides that Sydney's mother sent, her clothes were casual. Party time! Casual became a pink flowered dress, sleeveless, full skirt, a pink sash, BIG bow.
In the foreground a bevelled glass table, reflects all of the above! Perfect, except the table needed SOMETHING ON IT. What? Need you ask? A BIG ORANGE CAT (our Peaches). Sydney LOVES Peaches!

Back to Blake. It seems that a shirt is not a shirt without a logo. How about BLAKE? Yes! BLAKE
BLAKE
BLAKE
BIG BLOCK letters subtly painted, right side of his shirt. In the foregroun
a toy. What kind? I thought train, then decided PLANE! (Grandpa pilots his own.)

Bottom Line: Everyone IS delighted. including the artist.

Sometime in January, both portraits will appear on my site. I will be eager to read your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home